Frequently Asked Questions
How to Send a Document for Translation
Take a clear photograph of your papers, or scan them using a scanning program.
- When requesting a quote or placing an order, you can upload your files directly from your phone.
- Send your photographs to our secure document receiving number (786) 870-4996.
- Send your files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send your documents via fax to (949) 734-7303.
Person to Person
- Certified Translators Near Me has offices in most North and South American metropolitan areas; however, we do not accept originals of any sensitive documents at our offices or through the mail for security reasons.
- Please call the number at the top of this page for further assistance submitting your documents.
Receiving Documents – Shipping-Electronic Delivery
All orders are delivered online and at no cost. When your order is finished, we will send it straight to the email address you used to make your purchase.
Certified and Academic Translations are shipped free of charge to the address you provided. Please visit the next section for further details.
Certified Translators Near Me offers free standard postage for certified and academic translations. Depending on your location, this usually takes 3-5 business days.
Priority Mailing typically takes two working days to arrive.
Overnight mail options typically come with a next-day delivery guarantee from the carrier.
Selected carriers include the US Postal Service, UPS, and FedEx. We determine the courier based on your zip code and your selected translation class.
International mailing is only offered to customers who choose Priority or Priority Express Mailing. To guarantee timely delivery, a carrier-imposed premium may be applied in addition to the quoted prices.
If you have a problem with your shipment after it has left one of our distribution facilities, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the following:
FedEx: 1 (800) 463-3339 USPS: 1 (800) 275-8777
Choosing a Category of Translations
Certified Translation for Official Purposes
What is the Definition of a Certified Translation?
Documents that require certification for official use (USCIS, consulate, or other institution) are considered certified translations and priced per page. Records that fall under this category typically follow templates issued by governments or official institutions.
- Birth Certificates
- Marriage Certificates
- Divorce Decrees
- Death Certificates
Types of Certification
Our translation certification comes with all certified translations and is practically universally accepted.
What is a Notarization?
A notarization is a certification issued by a licensed notary public. If it is specified in the requirements, notarization is necessary. However, we usually suggest adding this service even when it is not explicitly indicated.
Pricing and Turnaround Time
- Notarization has a flat fee displayed on the checkout page.
- Our turnaround time does not increase when you add notarization services.
When submitting your purchase or asking for a quotation, please indicate all the prerequisites for your certified translation. Before obtaining the following services, please get a quote:
Sworn Translation (“Traducción Jurada”)
A “Traducción Jurada” is a translation for use in Spain. It is made by a translator certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Spain.
Perito Translation (Mexico)
A certified translation by the government and courts of Mexico.
ATIO Certified Translation
A certified translation by the Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario.
Sworn Translation (Brazil) (“Tradução Pública” or “Tradução Juramentada”)
A certified translation made by a certified “Tradutor Público” (public translator).
Public Translator (Argentina)
A certified translation by the government and courts of Argentina.
Certified Translation for Professional Purposes
What is a professional translation?
If your document is in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, or a similar file format, it will be billed per word. We will send you the translation in the same editable format you submitted initially. These papers are certified in the same way as “Certified Translation for Official Purposes.”
For a “Certified Translation for Professional Purposes,” certification is offered at no extra cost.
- We provide formatting at no extra charge.
- Whenever possible, we will replicate any document’s margins, fonts, tables, bookmarks, headers, footers, and page numbering.
Types of Professional Documents
- Marketing Materials
- Employee Handbooks
- Press Releases
- Legal Notices
- Human Resources Documents
Academic Translation and Evaluation (Foreign Credential Evaluation)
What is an Academic Document Translation and Evaluation?
Academic document translation and evaluation is for students, alumni, and professionals who need academic document translation and/or evaluation.
Foreign credential evaluation is another name for academic translation and evaluation.
The cost of an Academic Document Translation and Evaluation is calculated on a per-page basis. We do not accept translations from other organizations for quality control concerns, and the price does not alter if you need one service and not the others.
Types of Academic Documents
- Academic Transcripts
- Grade Sheets
- High School Diplomas
- Bachelor’s Degrees
- Master’s Degrees
- Academic Certifications
What Is an Apostille?
An apostille is a piece of paper that authenticates the signature of a public official on a document for use in another country. It is an international certification established during The Hague Convention of 1961.
Pricing and Turnaround Time
- We charge a flat price for Apostilles; however, we encourage you to always obtain advanced estimates for this service due to fluctuating government fees and official processing expenses.
- We provide an Expedited Apostille Service, which takes 1-3 business days to complete. We also offer a Standard Apostille Service that takes 8-10 business days to process.
Types of Apostilles
- We can provide an apostille for both your certified and notarized translations as well as your original papers.
- If you need an apostille for a certified translation, you do not need to submit your original documents. We will mail you the certified translation and apostille immediately after completion. If you need an apostille certification on original documents, send them to one of our indicated addresses for processing.
What Is a Transcription?
A transcriptionist converts or transcribes conversations into written text.
We provide transcription and transcription-translation services in English and more than 90 other different languages.
Our service incorporates a certification noting that the service is a certified transcription and is suitable for official and legal purposes.
Please ask for a quote.
Captions, Subtitles and Translated Subtitles
We deliver captions, subtitles, and foreign subtitles in a timely and cost-effective manner. Included are timestamps by default, and we do not charge an extra price for them. We will provide you with the files for the film to watch, publish, and enjoy.
The spoken dialogue, background noise, and any other video or motion picture audio elements are included in a caption.
A subtitle only includes the verbal text and does not describe background noise or audio effects from a video or motion picture.
A foreign subtitle, often known as a subtitle translation, is a translated and localized subtitle for a specific language.
Our captions, subtitles, or translated subtitles contain a certification confirming that the service provided are certified captions, certified subtitles, or certified translated subtitles and is suitable for official and legal usage.
Certified Translators Near Me can work with the file that you have. Or, it can create a caption and subtitle file from your current audio or video.
Common File Types:
Certified Translators Near Me can also convert a Word or text file into a caption or subtitle file.
- Please submit a quotation request.
- You may submit the video directly to that URL, or you can share a link in the quotation form’s comment area to get a quote.
- Please choose if you want the Subtitles Translated (Foreign Subtitles) or if you want them in the same language but include Captions or Subtitles.
Pricing and Number of Pages/Words
What is the meaning of a page?
A page is informally defined as a sheet of US Letter size, A4 size, legal-size, or a similar page type.
If your document includes text on both the front and back, it counts as two pages.
What if I have only a few seals and lines of text on my page?
Even with just a few characters, a page will be treated as one (1) page.
What if my page has a lot of text?
For work and billing purposes, a page has a maximum of 275 words.
Is there a maximum word count for a page?
Yes, a page is approximately a maximum of 275 words. If you have more than 275 words, we will charge you per word.
We will obtain your confirmation before sending you a bill for the outstanding amount.
What if I’m not sure about the page count?
Please send your document in for price verification.
How much does it cost?
We charge certified translations at $30/page.
We price all other documents at 10¢/word.
So how much will it cost me in total?
Add up the number of pages and multiply by $30.
If your paper will be charged per word, it is typically best to send us an advanced copy for price verification or quotation unless you know the exact word count.
Placing an Order
How do I place an order?
Visit https://thespanishgroup.org/billing and choose your desired service.
Then, upload your documents, enter your details and page or word count, and submit your order.
How secure is paying online?
Our checkout page and your payment information are SSL secured. It is the same level of high-security encryption as used by leading financial institutions like Wells Fargo, Bank of America, and Chase.
What if I still refuse to pay online?
It is not an issue if you prefer to check out over the phone. Kindly reach (800) 460-1536, Ext. 2, and we will gladly complete your purchase for you.
Translation Turnaround Time
- The turnaround time for Certified Translations and Academic Translations is six (6) pages per business day.
- The delivery time for Professional Translations is 4,500 words per business day.
Time of Order
- Orders placed during business hours (before 5:00 p.m. PST/8:00 p.m. EST) will be delivered subject to the previous delivery rates.
- Orders placed after business hours (anytime after 5:00 p.m. PST/8:00 p.m. EST) until 5:00 a.m. PST/8 a.m. EST will be delivered within two business days.
- The timeframes shown above are only guidelines and are not confirmed. We deliver most purchases within a very short period. However, errors discovered by the Quality Control Department may delay the completion by up to one working day.
- Delivery Lead Time for Certified Translations and Academic Translations:
- 90 pages per business day
- Delivery Time for Professional Translations:
- 67,500 words per business day.
Time of Order
- Orders made during business hours (before 5:00 p.m. PST/8:00 p.m. EST) will be delivered within the working day or on the next business day.
- Orders made after business hours (after 5:00 p.m. PST/8:00 p.m. EST until 5:00 a.m. PST/8 a.m. EST) will be delivered by the end of the next business day.
- Certified Translators Near Me commits its best to meet the stated delivery dates for all urgent orders.
How secure are my documents with your company?
We will never compromise your confidentiality. We protect all papers and information using sophisticated technology similar to those used by the most secretive banks in the world. In addition, we conduct criminal background checks on all of our employees to ensure the integrity of everybody working for us. We protect your papers with many levels of encryption, and they are completely erased from our system after your translation has been completed.
Aren’t you just a middleman that sends these documents to foreign translators?
Definitely not. We vet all our translators and other employees to ensure that they pass the minimum qualification of a four-year college degree. We also make sure that they are free from criminal records. We believe that security starts from within, and we ensure that no information leak comes from our group.
How qualified are your translators?
Our exacting standards limited us to hire only three translators for every 100 applications that we receive. Our organization is very picky about who it hires.
- Chinese (Cantonese)
- Chinese (Mandarin Simplified)
- Chinese (Mandarin Traditional)
- Haitian Creole
- Malay (Bahasa Melayu/Malaysia)
- Portuguese (European)
- Portuguese (Brazilian)
- Scots Gaelic
- Among others